Through my aptitude for planning, strong work ethic, and organization as well as my skills in teaching, communication, time management, piano performance, and keyboard knowledge, I seek to inspire passion and enrich students’ lives with a love for music.
Outside of time dedicated to piano lessons, I focus on developing piano curriculum, attending music conferences, planning performance opportunities, studying piano pedagogy and music technology. In addition to teaching piano, I accompany students in solo woodwind, brass and percussion repertoire; play synthesizer and piano with the worship team at Calvary Chapel Boca Raton; and participate in Broward County Music Teacher’s Association events.
I will soon be sharing video tutorials for Worship Keyboard Players on how to transition from playing classical music to modern worship music. All of these activities help to make your student’s lesson experience an even greater one. Teaching students how to play the piano is definitely full-time! There is more than what the eye may see.
• Knowledgeable in music instruction from beginner to advanced students • Strong organizational and communication skills • Well-informed of music websites to assist in learning • Oversee students of various age groups • Strong mentoring and leadership skills • Understand the basic use of Ableton Live and keyboards • Ability to execute duties in a professional manner • Ability to develop curriculum for basic improvisation and chords • Enthusiastic, pro-active, prompt, patient and friendly
Private Piano Instructor, Self-employed January 2000 – Present
• Provide comprehensive piano music instruction to students of various ages • Manage studio and develop curriculum for students • Responsible for teaching theory, repertoire, technique, performance • Schedule opportunities for students to share their music • Maintain records of student’s progress • Research new music for students at the appropriate level
Private Keyboard Instructor, Ocean’s Edge School June 2007 – Dec. 2011
• Teach group and private lessons • Report progress of keyboard students to the Director • Research websites, events, and guest speakers to inspire students • Develop curriculum, which included material for a variety of genres, basic improvisation, chords, chord voicings, pads for worship music, synth, sight-reading, technique, chord voice leading, chord voicings and chord extensions
Keyboard Player, Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale March 2006 – Present
• Prepare synthesizer sounds for music as requested • Perform with excellence during band rehearsals and weekend services
Collaborative Artist, Calvary Christian Academy December 2010 – Present
•Accompany High School & Middle School choirs for Concerts as requested
• Collaborate with High School & Middle School band members for annual evaluations
Class Keyboard Instructor & Music Theory Tutor, Ocean’s Edge Sept. 2006 – Dec. 2011
• Develop curriculum for Class Keyboard I, II, and III for beginner to intermediate • Weekly planning for courses • Report progress of students to the Director • Teach group and private lessons • Mentor students • Tutor students weekly in Music Theory
Piano Teacher, Yekko Music and Art Studio July 2012 – August 2013
•Teach private piano lessons to students of all music levels and ages
• Provide a well-rounded music education in theory, technique and repertoire
Florida Atlantic University, B.M. Piano Performance May 2009
• Recipient of honors, Summa Cum Laude • Pioneered Calvary FAU, a current thriving club • Winner of the Annual 2008 Concerto and Aria Competition • Accompanist for vocal and woodwind students for five years • Studied Piano Pedagogy & sight-reading under Judith Burganger & Dr. Heather Coltman • Studied six semesters of Music Theory and four semesters of Ear-Training