In the midst of this global pandemic, there are precautions that the CDC and Broward County Authorities are requiring to ensure the safety of the people. Online lessons are available to all students; however, if in-person music lessons are preferred, please review the following information:
Lessons will be spaced a few minutes apart between families to allow enough time to disinfect surfaces, such as the piano, door knobs, and restroom. The piano area has been rearranged to provide 6’ distance between the student and teacher. Teacher is able to demonstrate necessary skills on a separate instrument. An Air Purifier is also used before, during and after the sessions.
Masks are optional at this time. Students will be asked to remove shoes at the door and to wash hands prior to the lesson. Hand sanitizer will also be available by the instrument, if necessary.
Any students who are feeling under the weather (headache, sniffles, etc.) will need to contact Expressive Keys to complete the piano lesson online instead of in person. If any student has been exposed to COVID-19, they may not be permitted to attend in-person lessons until their doctor has given permission.
If the student would like to mix between in-person and online lessons, the parent and teacher will create a schedule to prevent any misunderstanding.
Release Of Liability
I, the Parent/Legal Guardian or student, acknowledge, understand, and agree to the following:
I release and hold harmless Expressive Keys, Inc., its owner, and operators from any and all liability, demands, claims, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon vicinity under the control and supervision of Expressive Keys, Inc., its owner, and operators or in route to or from any of the said premises. For the safety of all our students, Expressive Keys, Inc., reserves the right to not allow participation in lessons if they are sick or have a malady that may be contagious.
- In light of COVID-19, the United States Government had to put in place certain regulations to prevent the spread of the virus. At this time, many of those regulations have been lifted, which enables many businesses (like Expressive Keys) to resume and/or continue operation in-person.
- Expressive Keys is taking additional safety protocols as a measure of caution, such as sanitizing equipment between lessons and ensuring the health of teachers.
- Even though the Government is lifting regulations and Expressive Keys is taking extra safety measures, there is still an inherent risk in any form of social interaction (which includes music lessons).
- While taking the above into consideration, I am voluntarily choosing to begin or continue music lessons in-person with Expressive Keys.
- While taking the above into consideration, I voluntarily accept any risk of damage to myself, my child, or others while taking music lessons with Expressive Keys.
- In the case of illness, I agree to notify Expressive Keys of our absence within a reasonable time prior to the start of the lesson, and will opt for a lesson via video call.
- I agree to hold Expressive Keys, Inc. and its members harmless and released of liability, so I will not sue Expressive Keys, Inc. or its teachers and office workers for any consequence in connection with my decision to continue in-person music lessons in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, which includes injury, illness, and/or death (of either myself, my child, or anyone with whom I come into contact).